Monday, February 5, 2007

Das Flugzeug

The Airport Passenger Terminal was very informative, stating some rules and regulations of airports, while addressing when and where design can be utilized. Within the reading, I found the issue of manipulating flow was very important. The problem is how to combine primary and secondary flow without losing efficiency or creating a chaotic intermingling of the two distinct types of flow. I also found that the way the planes dock was a very interesting system, with multiple regulations, tightening the choke-hold on design. This compelled me because it made me curious as to how can you create art with these very specific restrictions. My question, what specific types of aircraft are going to be found at our terminals? I ask this because things like wingspan will have a drastic effect on our designs. Also, the larger the planes, the larger the lounge areas are going to be and number of concessions.

No comments: